Mindset to Growth
Go from Survival to Growth and learn how to thrive in a complex world
A powerful blend of experiential learning, targeted feedback from the Growth Indicator and coach-led sessions to help you move from a mindset of Survival to a mindset of Growth
Everyone has the potential to operate from a mindset of Growth and create career, business and life that they desire.
Yes, most of us operate from a mindset of Survival.
The most persistent blocks to health, high performance and happiness are reinforced and influenced by mindset.
And as many as 66% of Professionals are in Survival and only 34% are in Growth.
When our mindset is switched to Growth, we feel OK with ourselves and with others. We feel more present, mindful and balanced. Rather than reacting defensively to criticism we choose to pause, listen and explore.
Since we feel ok, we choose to act with compassion towards ourselves – see mistakes as learning – and extend that compassion towards others. We experience emotion mindfully. We can feel angry but when in Growth we use that anger as a signal to ourselves and others that things need to change.
We look for solutions rather than blame. We choose to be assertive rather than hide the elephant in the room. We share our own truth and seek to explore the truth of others.
However, unless we choose otherwise, our Survival patterns take control.
When our mindset is switched to Survival, at some level we don’t feel OK – with ourselves, with others, or both.
We become reactive and defensive. We ignore or miss actions to achieve the best outcome in favour of those that help us to feel OK again quickly.
Sometimes our Survival pattern is driven by a belief that I’m OK and others are not. When in a meeting, we may find ourselves being overly critical or judgmental. We insist on having the last word, talk over others, blame others, resist feedback and believe there is only ONE truth: ours!
At other times, we may find our Survival pattern is driven by a belief that others are more OK than we feel ourselves. We become exhausted constantly trying to please others. We become guarded or hidden. Habitually avoid conflict and avoid saying what is really true for us. We find it difficult to see the choices we do have, feel disempowered. We prefer to stay in our own comfort zone.
But … it doesn’t have to be this way.
You’re in the right place.
There are 5 big common mistakes I see consultants – independent or those in corporate – make trying to get what they most desire in terms of their career, business, and life as a whole
- They keep pushing themselves striving for more without upgrading their mindset resulting in burnout, anxiety and depression.
- Read every book and article on personal development they can find but put none into practice, as they don’t know where to start.
- Believe that they have limited control over how things are in their external reality and are resigned to the fact that nothing will change.
- Think that mindset is this illusive thing that cannot be defined or measured and don’t understand they can develop mental, emotional, and behavioral habits that will enable them to show up from Growth more consistently.
- Since they are very smart, they believe that they have to figure it all out by themselves and with that, end up going round and round the same circle.
But not you. You’re smarter than that.
The research is clear.
People with a mindset of Growth have significantly higher levels of:
- learning agility
- emotional intelligence
But being in Growth is important not only for yourself, but also because of others.
Whether you are aware of it or not, you showing up from Survival or Growth impacts your relationships in the workplace – whether you have line management responsibility or not – as well as outside of work, and leads to creation of climate, respectively – that of either Survival or Growth.
Why is that important?
Because climate you create has major impact on psychological safety of those around you.
Over 20 years of research finds that a climate of psychological safety (ie. a climate of Growth rather than Survival) is linked to improved error reporting, improvements in quality, engagement and higher levels of performance. As recently as 2016, Google’s Project Aristotle found psychological safety to be the single most important factor differentiating high performing teams than those that were less successful.
Even more, when compared with people at low trust (Survival Climate ) organisations, people at high trust (Growth Climate) organisations report:
- 74% less stress
- 106% more energy at work
- 50% higher productivity
- 13% fewer sick days
- 76% more engagement
- 29% more satisfaction with their lives
- 40% less burnout
Now, more than ever before, we need leaders in work and life who are aware and able to create a climate enabling wellbeing and resilience, collaboration and agility as well as high performance.
Imagine what you could achieve if you consistently showed up with a mindset of Growth?
Join the next cohort
If you are ready to take control of your mindset, join the next cohort of Mindset to Growth – a baseline mindset development programme.
The Mindset to Growth – including development psychometrics – integrates practical tools to enable you to show up from a mindset of Growth through the practice of emotional intelligence and combines practical coach-led sessions with 12 months access to a unique habit development platform.
Working with a cohort of fellow participants, this highly practical programme will:
- Enable you to discover and explore your current Growth and Survival habits through completion of Mindset Practice’s foundation level online diagnostic – the Growth Indicator.
- Teach you how to apply the Practices for Growth to improve both your personal impact (eg. your confidence to be innovative and try something new; your resilience) and the impact you have with others (eg. the climate you create with others) and teach you practical tools you can use immediately to support your performance from a mindset of Growth.
- Enable you to develop a language of Growth and Survival which you can then choose to use within your team and across the organisation, fundamental to the creation of a climate of openness, accountability, and psychological safety.
- Give you access to online development platform to help you continue your development and support your transfer of learning back to the workplace
The next cohort dates
20 September 12.00 – 14.00 – Welcome session
11 October 12.00 – 14.00 – Mindset Accelerator session
1 November 12.00 – 14.00 – Mindset Accelerator session
22 November 12.00 – 14.00 – Sustain your Learning session
Can’t make these dates?
Join the next cohort starting 18 October 2022.
What makes Mindset to Growth different to other personal professional development programmes out there is:
Personalised psychometric feedback from Growth Indicator so that you will know exactly where to focus. You will be also invited to a complimentary full retake on completion of the programme so that you can measure your progress and impact for yourself.
That you will learn tools necessary to transform your mental, emotional and behavioral habits – those are usually thought in separate courses and with that, work on your confidence, resilience, agility, collaboration and much more in one go too!
That the programme is run in small cohorts (10-12 people) leaving enough space for everyone to share and ask questions – as well as build supportive relationships with one another.
That you will be supported by a commercially aware and pragmatic mindset and performance coach and psychologist, trained in therapeutic modalities with the ability to work on a conscious and subconscious level.
Everything you will learn is designed to be applied back in the workplace -as well as your personal life.
By the end of Mindset to Growth you will:
- Increase your performance and release blocked potential
- Gain a positive response to change and enhance your learning agility
- Reduce incidences of burnout and build sustained resilience
- Improve inclusion and psychological safety
- Develop self-compassion and enhance engagement and collaboration
- Increase self-confidence when speaking up and challenging others
- And so much more !
“This course was amazing! Truly felt it was the first time I took actions away from a course and put into practice!
I learnt how to stay positive in times of work pressures and turn what might be a negative into a positive. I also learnt more about me and what my colleagues might perceive about me, which allowed me to put clear actions into place. Having attended the course with a fellow colleague we have been able to implement a growth mindset, focusing our energies and discussion on growth rather than survival. The tools that are on offer after the course are excellent and have been put into use already.”
“I can’t thank you enough for your help and support through this course. I will continue to work hard and make a conscious effort to adopt more growth habits in the future. I really enjoyed pausing and reflecting, as it has helped me be more in tune with my feelings and emotions, so I certainly intend to continue this as well as focusing more on being present, both with my mind and body.”
“I loved the simplicity of mindset to Growth and how you can put into practice the key learns quite easily and make some smaller changes which actually make big changes to yourself and others.I also like how the course was split into separate days, how we were asked to get connected with others. I really enjoyed the website as well and having access to this will be excellent so we can continue our journey.”
What does the programme include?
- 6 hours of self-paced, experiential, digital learning divided into 5 modules that will give you tools you need to move away from Survival and to show up from Growth more consistently
- Integrated personalised feedback from Growth Indicator (and retake on completion to compare your progress!)
- Four 2hour long coach-led mindset Accelerator sessions (via Zoom) taking place every 3 weeks with an experienced and commercially aware Mindset & Performance Coach specialising in working with consultants in Professional Services and Management Consulting industries, to share successes, address any potential blocks – and for that extra accountability.
- 12 months access to a development platform including Growth Trackers and the FABB for 66 days habit change tool to help you sustain and expand your learning even further
- A community of others on a similar journey with an option to join a Telegram group where you can ask questions in between the sessions and share your insights and experiences with fellow participants – and also buddy up with to accelerate your transformation!
Never heard of me before? Here’s why I’m qualified to help you to develop mindset of Growth:
I am Aleksandra Atman, Mindset & Performance Coach and founder of The Atman Practice.
I help individuals and teams – consultants, business owners, directors and entrepreneurs – create the career or business they desire through the development of mindset of Growth.
I blend commercial credibility with the ability to get to the heart of the matter, drawing on my 15 years’ experience in corporate leadership at firms such as Deloitte, my psychology training and my coaching track record.
I’m committed to you, to doing the work and catalysing rapid change – be that increased margins, sustained performance and wellbeing, better relationships, learning to say no, having the confidence to say yes, reaching for that promotion, or reaching for the door. And because I am committed to you, I am committed to me. I invest in myself, my business and my development.
I walk my talk, so I can help you walk yours.
Qualifications and licenses:
The Neuroleadership Institute Coaching Diploma
Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma
British Psychological Society Accreditation
NLP and Time Line Therapy Coach and Practitioner
Psych-K Advanced Facilitator
The Mindset Practice Ltd Associate Partner and Licensed Practitioner
In the last 6 years I have coached hundreds of consultants, business owners, directors, entrepreneurs, based all over the globe, the majority of whom come from the professional services sector, including accountancy, legal, consulting, engineering, leadership development, marketing and PR. I coached employees of and worked with Deloitte, BDO, PWC, HSBC, Arup, HFW, Ince & Co, RGL Forensics and Turner & Townsend, to name a few.
WHY THIS IS FOR YOU?
This is for you if…
- you are ready to transform your Survival patters and show up from Growth more consistently
- you want to create a future on your terms but are aware that your survival patterns often take control
- you have read plenty of personal development books and ‘tried’ to work on your mindset, but you gave up soon after you started
- you want to learn how to regulate your emotions and make sure you don’t burn out
- you want to learn how to believe in yourself more – and feel more confident
- learn how to respond to situations in your life – instead of constantly reacting
- you want to be more productive, resilient, agile, empowered, and inclusive.
WHY NOW IS THE TIME TO INVEST?
You have probably thought about addressing your mindset for some time. And you where not sure where to turn, since you have tried so many things by now.
Can you afford to wait?
Let’s fast forward one year, and things are just as they are now.
Can you afford that?
Think again what you could achieve if you showed up from the mindset of Growth more consistently.
How much is that worth for you?
The best time to begin is now.
“I now feel that I have agency over the direction of my career (rather than feel that it is dependent on approval from others). In particular I understand that I already had the power to achieve my goals, but need to be prepared to get out of my comfort zone and be proactive to achieve what I want. Over the past few months I have raised my profile significantly internally, joined a key decision-making Committee, am expanding my internal and external network and am planning for a future that inspires me and is true to my authentic self. I am genuinely excited about my future now. “
“I am absolutely in a position of strength, over the past few months I have been totally frank and honest in terms of personal and professional wants and needs.
I have clarity on where I want to be and what I need to do to get there, I have a clear understanding of what makes me happy, what gives me energy.
I’ve never felt more in control of myself and never felt more successful. I honestly can say that I have never felt more happy and fulfilled.“
“Today I am thinking much more with a growth mindset than a fear mindset. I don’t see the obstacles I used to see in front of me. I feel more self-confident and self-aware. The way I look at life has changed, with less doubts”
Are you ready to show up from the mindset of Growth?
Only £850 or three instalments of £284 [ex vat]
- Complemetary re-take of mindset psychometric – Growth Indicator so that you can compare your progress
- A 30 minute one to one breakthrough session with me that you can book up to a month since completion of the coach-led sessions.
- 15% off advance mindset development programmes including Mindset to Lead and Enabling Growth Climate.